What if the Assessor denies my protest?

If the Assessor denies your request for revaluation, you may appeal to the County Board of Equalization (CBOE). If you request a hearing, you may:

  • Request all available data from the Assessor that was used to support the valuation. The request must be made in writing. The data must be provided to you no less than two days before the hearing date.
  • Be present at the CBOE hearing and provide evidence about the protested valuation or designate a representative to represent you.

For the 2023 appeal period, your value is the Assessor's Office estimate of the value of the property as of June 30, 2022. This date is set by Colorado law. The CBOE can only consider sales and other market information from prior to June 30, 2022.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between an Appeal and a Protest?
2. How do I protest the Assessor’s valuation of my property?
3. What if the Assessor denies my protest?
4. What if the Board of Equalization denies my protest?
5. What is the Board of Assessment Appeals and what does it do?
6. What if I decide not to appeal after I have completed the paperwork?